Thursday, December 27, 2012

Welcome to my Blog!

Ignition by Inductive Automation
Hello, my name is Travis Cox. I am the Director of Training and Support Services for Inductive Automation. Inductive Automation develops Ignition, a HMI / SCADA / MES software platform that is everything you need in one powerful, integrated solution. I have taken thousands of tech support calls and have trained hundreds of people on how to use Ignition. Along the way, I have developed several tricks and best practices that make developing future projects easier.

I get asked by a lot of my customers: "Do you have a blog that I can follow?" Now I do. I want to share all of my Ignition tips and tricks. Ignition is extremely powerful and most people don't even scratch the surface of what it can really do.

I am truly excited about being part of Inductive Automation. The company is growing extremely fast and we have some exciting times ahead of us.

Sit back and enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Travis,

    I haven't found your email, so I am writing to you here.

    My question is about invoking a Gateway function from inside of Java, especially ClientTagManager.read() method. Whenever I call it, I get an exception saying

    'GatewayException: Unable to locate function 'SQLTags.read'

    I've also tried to call with a 'SQLTags.readAll' function name. Unfortunately, it didn't work either. Could you suggest a valid function name or a proper way to call a multiple read of tag paths.

    Thanks in advance,
    Almer Bolatov

    ReplyDelete